The Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center (Mid-Ohio ESC) Instructional Technology (IT) department focuses on 21st Century teaching and learning with a vision to stay abreast of technology changes so the district can focus on what is really important – teaching students.
Mid-Ohio ESC supports districts by providing professional learning opportunities in technology at most network meetings, as well as offering classes on specific tools and integration ideas. Mid-Ohio ESC is pleased to be engaged with Moodle as a tool for learning and support its districts’ use of Moodle.
The IT department strongly believes true change happens in the classroom with the Tech Coach model. The Tech Coach Model gives teachers both a team and a 1:1 time with the coach, who helps them adjust their content to include not just technology, but higher-level thinking skills as a result of the use of the tech tools. The coach models the technology for the teacher and then helps the teacher instruct using the tools available.
Mid-Ohio ESC is not focused on a particular technology tool, but rather the proper use of the tools educators currently have or plan on purchasing to best enhance learning. The IT department provides the monthly Tech Coach Network as a forum for district representatives to share what is working and to ask questions of each other.
The Mid-Ohio ESC staff is passionate about using their shared services model to get districts the best prices on the tools they want and need for the classroom. Anyone interested in making IT changes or additions should call Mid-Ohio ESC first.
The IT department also works with districts to provide professional learning for waiver days, early releases, and late starts. Contact Mid-Ohio ESC today for a list of prices and services.
Current Projects include:
- Moodle: Mid-Ohio ESC is a proud sponsor of the Ohio Moodle Moot held at Mid-Ohio ESC.
- Blended Learning: Education delivery is changing, and the blended model makes sense. Let Mid-Ohio ESC support your move toward a blended environment.
- Customized professional learning that aligns with client-district goals
- Online Content: Mid-Ohio ESC offers reduced pricing on student -delivered content and teacher level content. High quality, interactive learning experiences along with consortium pricing are available. The service currently works with Plato, VCS, Ed2Go, Educational Impact, eSchool, & Next Navigator.
Contact the tech department:
- Cheryl Cronbaugh, Mid-Ohio ESC Instructional Technology Director at 419-774-2500
- Derick Mahon, Mid-Ohio ESC Technician, at 419-774-2501
- Luke Burton, Mid-Ohio ESC Tech Coach, at 419-774-2502
All three may be reached by emailing ’firstname.lastname@example.org”