The Zone of Regulation Conference
Zones was a great experience with over 450 participants attending from all over the state of Ohio and even a few from Kentucky. Thank you for making the trip and we hoped you enjoyed the Zones of Regulation.
Self-Regulation is a skill everyone needs to manage the daily trials and tribulations. Sometimes we become incapacitated to cope, and with all the pressures on our youth, all too often we are seeing more self-regulation needs in this general population. Managing emotions and monitoring behaviors is a challenge for some. Self-regulation skills need to be taught and learned so that our youth have the capacity to manage everyday conflicts, preserve under stress and maintain a mentally healthy state of being.
Learner will demonstrate knowledge of self-regulation, including:
- Identify sensory processing systems, integration and its impact on modulation
- Outline executive functions that frequent impact self-regulation
- Definition of emotional regulation
- Learner will develop insight into a systematic way to teach students to self-regulate
- Cite strategies to identify ones level of alertness and emotions and describe how social and contextual cues are used to decipher expected behavior
- Demonstrate strategies to use to adjust ones level of alertness/emotions to match the demands of the environment
- Learner will identify ways to integrate The Zones into practice and generalize skills across settings
Hosted by: Mid-Ohio ESC, in partnership with Strong Families, Strong Communities Grant
Date: Tuesday, June 5, 2018