Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center has WebCheck® equipment to process civilian background checks for schools and other public organizations that require them. WebCheck® is an internet-based program for conducting fingerprint-based civilian background checks for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI&I), and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
WebCheck® is reducing the chances that persons convicted of sex crimes, certain misdemeanors and felonies can have access to our children or other vulnerable citizens of Ohio. This program reduces the return time of civilian background checks to as little as several hours, depending on the number of submissions at any given time. Civilian background checks have become the largest part of BCI&I’s workload, increasing from approximately 38,000 checks in 1993 to nearly 650,000 checks in 2006.
Mid-Ohio ESC is located at 890 West Fourth Street, Mansfield Ohio
The fingerprinting/reception office is located just inside the front lobby of the building.
What to Bring:
- A Valid photo driver’s license or state ID card with photo.
- You must know your social security number.
- If you do not have a form ,you may download and bring the completed form , or complete one in the lobby area.
- Minors must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- We accept cash (must be exact amount, no change is available), check, or Pay Online.
$35.00 BCI (State)
$40.00 FBI (Federal)
$70.00 BCI/FBI (State and Federal)
Hours of Operation:
Closed Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25.
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 3:30 by appointment only.
- Appointment Only - Schedule your Appointment
- Sanitize hard surfaces, including fingerprint scanners, after each use with a disinfecting cleaner
- Confirm that applicant has not been in contact with anyone infected with COVID-19 and has not been in any high risk areas for infection Anyone entering the building is asked four screening questions. (They are refused entry if the wrong answer is given.)
- Have you traveled in the last 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Fever greater than 100,
- Difficulty breathing,
- or a Cough.
- Those that are unable to answer the questions listed above satisfactorily are denied entry.
- Citizens are required to wear masks.
- Ensure applicants have washed or sanitized their hands prior to and after fingerprinting
- Employees should wash hands frequently with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds)
- Employee’s wear single use gloves and masks, if appropriate.
- Items used are wiped down, cleaned after every contact with a citizen on a record check, fingerprint.
If you have any questions regarding our fingerprinting services, please contact us at (419) 774-5520.