Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center has WebCheck® equipment to process civilian background checks for schools and other public organizations that require them. WebCheck® is an internet-based program for conducting fingerprint-based civilian background checks for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI&I), and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
WebCheck® is reducing the chances that persons convicted of sex crimes, certain misdemeanors and felonies can have access to our children or other vulnerable citizens of Ohio. This program reduces the return time of civilian background checks to as little as several hours, depending on the number of submissions at any given time. Civilian background checks have become the largest part of BCI&I’s workload, increasing from approximately 38,000 checks in 1993 to nearly 650,000 checks in 2006.
Mid-Ohio ESC is located at 890 West Fourth Street, Mansfield Ohio
The fingerprinting/reception office is located just inside the front lobby of the building.
What to Bring:
- A valid photo driver’s license or government-issued ID card with photo.
- You must know your social security number.
- If you do not have a form, you may download and bring the completed form , or complete one in the lobby area.
- Minors must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian. Parent/Guardian must provide a valid government-issued photo ID.
- We accept cash (must be exact amount, no change is available), check, or credit/debit, or you may Pay Online.
$35.00 BCI (State)
$40.00 FBI (Federal)
$70.00 BCI/FBI (State and Federal)
Hours of Operation:
Mid-Ohio ESC will be closed on Monday, May 29th, in recognition of Memorial Day.
Mid-Ohio ESC will be closed on Monday, June 19th, in recognition of Juneteenth.
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 3:30 by appointment only.
- Appointment Only - Schedule your Appointment
- Items used are wiped down and cleaned after every contact with a citizen on a record check fingerprint.
If you have any questions regarding our fingerprinting services, please contact us at (419) 774-5520.