Interested in working as a substitute teacher? Substitute teachers are needed in a number of area school districts.
Mid-Ohio ESC is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year. Please note that appointments are required. Schedule your appointment here, call 419-774-5520 or email email@example.com with questions.
- NEW SUBSTITUTES: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THE OHIO DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION UNTIL YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR MID-OHIO ESC APPLICATION BY APPOINTMENT. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN A DELAY IN PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION.
- All Mid-Ohio ESC substitute teachers must submit annually a Substitute Teacher Application. New substitutes: please submit your application at the office by appointment.
- All applicants must have current BCI and FBI background checks. Fingerprinting for a background check can be completed at the Mid-Ohio ESC office for a fee. Appointments are required.
- Substitutes must hold a substitute license OR a current teaching license through the Ohio Department of Education.
- If you do not have a current substitute or teaching license, please apply for the applicable license* through the Ohio Department of Education using Mid-Ohio ESC’s IRN number 123521. Please do not apply for a new Ohio Department of Education license prior to submitting the Mid-Ohio ESC Substitute Teacher Application.
*Update effective September 23, 2022
In accordance with the passage of HB 583, school districts may establish their own substitute teacher requirements for the 2023-24 school year. Individuals without a post-secondary Bachelor’s degree may apply for a non-renewable Temporary Substitute License – 1 Year (Non-Bachelors). Not all area school districts have adopted the same criteria to be a substitute teacher in their district. If you are applying to substitute teach under HB 583, please contact the school(s) of interest to verify eligibility and other requirements.
SEE BELOW for the complete 23/24 School Year substitute teacher's packet, available for download or to pick up at the Mid-Ohio ESC office.