Registration Open for September Network Meetings
As part of Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center’s dedication to promoting professional development among area educators, administrators and other staff, the first dates of a full calendar of network meetings are open for registration. All network meetings will take place on the Mid-Ohio campus, 890 W. Fourth Street in Mansfield. There will be a remote option for those unable to attend in person.
These meetings are designed to provide a combination of professional learning, ODE updates, networking and collaborative problem-solving. The dates and times for each meeting are as follows:
- Principals - September 7th, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Technology Coaches - September 9th, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Superintendents - September 10th, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Lunch & Learn - September 10th, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (for Superintendents and their Administrators)
- Related Service Providers - September 15th, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- School Psychologists - September 15th, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment - September 17th, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- District Test Coordinators - September 17th, 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Special Education Coordinators - September 24th, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- School Counselors - September 28th, 9 to 10:30 a.m.
The topics for the first Lunch & Learn will center around collective leadership and internal and external communications. First will be a working lunch where superintendents and their administrators will receive a short professional learning opportunity and have time to discuss district operations through the lens of the new learning. Following the working lunch, administrators will dig deeper into the learning with Dr. Mark E. Burke, Jr., Executive Director of Achievement and Leadership and Dr. Lisa Riegel.
“One of the best resources we have as educators is our shared experiences,” said Burke. “These network meetings are designed to allow educational professionals the ability to easily access that pool of knowledge through an interesting and informative format.”
Interested participants can register at http://www.moesc.net/register. For more information, contact Dr. Burke at email@example.com. Members of client districts can attend for free, while non-client participants will have a $25 fee.