MOESC Hosting Bus Driver In-Service
Mansfield, OH (July 20, 2023) – Bus drivers play a critical role in the safe transportation of students to and from home and school. Because of this, specific certifications and requirements must be met by the State of Ohio. Ohio school bus drivers are required to have a minimum of four hours of annual in-service training. In order to fulfill this requirement, all local area bus drivers are invited to Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center on August 1, 2023 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM to learn about relevant topics for school transportation.
This year Mid-Ohio is bringing in All Hazards, a University of Findlay Training Center, to lead the in-service. Learning objects for the in-service include:
- Develop the framework for conducting an assessment on a student utilizing the team concept.
- Explain the concept of “Left of Bang” and how to apply the philosophy in creating a safe school environment.
- Differentiate concerning and prohibitive behaviors and how those apply to the assessment process.
- Identify the difference between transient and substantive threats.
- Describe the investigative factors within the assessment procedures.
- Develop risk management strategies.
- Identify ways to educate all stakeholders on the assessment process.
Participants will receive handouts with this information and a certificate of completion.
To register for this in-service, go to www.moesc.net/register. There is no cost for bus drivers of Mid-Ohio ESC client districts; however, non-clients must pay a $50 fee per person. Anyone with questions can call Mid-Ohio ESC at (419) 774-5520 or email email@example.com.
Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center provides specialized academic and support services, including professional development, to 13 school districts and over 20,000 students in Crawford, Morrow and Richland Counties. Client districts receive services from curriculum, gifted and special education consultants, speech pathologists, psychologists, special education teachers, occupational therapists and physical therapists.